Specialists in school improvement
How We Work
Collaborative learning is at the heart of our approach. Our training is always interactive, we practice what we preach, we are adaptable and we shape our courses and consultancy to meet the particular needs of a school, group of schools or local authority.
Our interaction with clients is consistently prompt, thorough and reliable.
Our team of eighteen highly experienced teachers and consultants has expertise across a broad range of areas including the following areas of expertise:
Consultants in the field of literacy
Ground-breaking leaders in addressing English as an Additional Language issues
Experienced consultants in ethnic minority achievement
Areas of Expertise
- EAL for pupils new to English and more advanced pupils still struggling with classroom language
- EAL provision for the most advanced bilingual learners who can achieve the highest grades with some extra support
- Academic literacy for post-16 study
- Pupils from East European Roma communities
- High levels of pupil mobility and refugee backgrounds
- The use of data for both tracking and strategic purposes
Lynn HeathSwansea EMLAS
Christina DackLynn Grove High School, Norfolk
Jane SinghBrewster Avenue Infants, Peterborough
Colin BaxterDeputy Vice Principal, Thomas Deacon Academy
The EAL Academy Team
Our team of eighteen highly experienced teachers and consultants has expertise across a broad range of areas in primary and secondary phases and special schools.