Language for primary mathematics
This course is for
- Classroom teachers in Key Stage 2
- Mathematics leaders
- Teaching assistants
What you will gain by attending the course
- An understanding of a range of practical strategies to develop the mathematical language need for success at Key Stage 2
- Free resources to use in your classroom
- Explains the underlying language issues in mathematics
- Looks at ways to approach test questions with difficult wording
- Demonstrates collaborative mathematical games which rehearse the language of mathematics
Steve Cooke has worked in EAL teaching since 1982, working in both primary and secondary schools in London, Rochdale and Leicester. He has also held several advisory roles and produced hundreds of resources to support the development of mathematical language in the classroom.
Graham Smith‘s career covers teaching, training, inspection, consultancy and senior management in both primary and secondary schools. He has always had a strong in interest in the language of mathematics and recently co-authored the Language for Maths series with Steve Cooke.