Making sense of pupil and performance data
**Read our blog “Making sense of the 2019 school census EAL data” **
This course is for
- school leaders
- EAL co-ordinators
What you will gain by attending the course
- the ability to be several steps ahead of Ofsted in understanding the Inspection Data Summary Report and other ASP reports
- confidence when dealing with complex data sets
- the skills to make sense of EAL and ethnicity data regardless of the numbers of pupils in your school
- covers the range of data sources available in the public domain and with more restricted access
- shows you how to use data to raise expectations and achievement
- looks at ways of presenting data for specific purposes
Graham Smith‘s career covers teaching, training, consultancy and senior leader roles. His extensive senior management experience includes deputy head and assistant director roles. He has been using data to improve achievement, enhance school reputations and secure funding for the last thirty years.
Very practical - helped me to reflect on what we are doing and how to improve further. Good range covered with many different ways of assessing and analysing data.
Colin BaxterLeader of Literacy/EAL, Thomas Deacon Academy