EAL Quality Mark
Celebrate your achievements!
It’s great to be rewarded for getting things right!
And the EAL Academy now offers an award for schools that do get it right!
The EAL Quality Mark is an award made to schools on their achievements in meeting the needs of pupils learning English as an additional language.
The process is one of self-evaluation, with validation by The EAL Academy.
In principle, schools will be evaluated on their ability to
give all learners the opportunity for rapid and sustained improvement, and
deliver an inclusive curriculum which promotes language development alongside learning.
Any school with pupils on roll who are learning English as an additional language is eligible to apply. Schools will examine their practice in three key areas:
- leadership and management
- teaching, learning and assessment, and
- working with parents and the community
Apart from the obvious benefit of knowing you’ve done well, this process will further benefit schools by enabling them to record evidence of their success, expertise and skills in meeting the needs of EAL learners, and identify areas for further development through the school improvement process.
The Quality Mark is available as a bronze, silver or gold award, allowing schools the opportunity to re-visit the award and build on their practice over a period of time.
Schools will emerge from this process with clear targets, plans for further improvements, and a great reason to celebrate!
How it works...
The process is one of self-evaluation with step by step guidance and final validation by the EAL Academy.
- contact us to let us know you would like to take part
- we will then discuss the process with you and your team, and provide the relevant forms
- your school will complete the forms, recording your assessment and providing supporting evidence
- one of our team will visit your school to review the evidence and meet with you, your team and your pupils
- following successful validation of your findings, your school will be awarded the Quality Mark at the appropriate level
- your school will then be able to display this award in a public place and include the Quality Mark on your literature and website
If you would like your school to take part, or would like more information, please do send us a message using the contact form below.
For more information about how it works, read our blog:-